Tuesday, August 02, 2005

In for a Treat

So we have 3 more days of language class and then a week of review before our final exam! Pretty stressful time and people are getting swiftly to the end of their ropes. I however took a mental health day this morning (which does not translate and the teachers were very confused) and am feeling very fine.

The swearing in Ceremony that graduates us from lowley trainees to full fledged volunteers is quite the production. Every site has speaches in Mongolian and Mongolian performances of song, dance or instrament. We have a group of great people but all are lacking performance talent. So yesterday the teachers tapped ME! to sing a duet in MONGOLIAN. I told them i can't sing or dance but it didn't seem to phase them. So I am the act for our town. Very very very scary. All of our parents are there plus the staff plus the ambassador and perhaps the president. Ha! So I have 13 days to learn this thing and meanwhile study for my test. Jesse's group is doing Kazak dancing. J says he looks like a dancing monkey, to which I replyed a very cute monkey, and he agreed. I haven't seen them practice and he wouldn't show me so it will be a surprise.

This last weekend I went to Jesse's house for the last time. It was a great trip out. We did nothing the whole weekend. I love doing nothing when the weeks are so full. We pulled weeds and played with his brothers and watched season one of sex and the city on my computer. It was super. His mom gave me chesse.

Not much else to report just a frenzy of activities and end of the summer things. Oh, and I think I am getting a del waistcoat. So not the full robe but a more modern looking jacket thing. We will send pictures once we get to site. Oh...so we find out our site placements two weeks from yesterday. Very exciting. J and I both asked for a ger or house so we shall see how it all pans out. Be expecting some exciting postings in the weeks to come.

much love to you all and happy birthday to lorie and grandma!

s

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home