Wednesday, October 12, 2005

whatnot

hiya,
just thought i would put up our weekly post. unfortunately for you i don't have a lot of new stuff to report. Both jesse and mines work has slowed this past week. My entire office was out last week, both offices actually, so i didn't have a lot going on. Jesse is making busy work for himself. We dusted off SPSS and he is doing some data entry this week. I caught up on some sleep. I call it the mongolian mono. I am tired here all the time, especially since Byamba because he likes to wake up and reposition to sleep on my face or make war with my peaceful toes at 2am. I am really lazy but am forced to do many chores here. Perhaps adding to my sleepiness. For the last couple of nights we have had dinners that take about three hours to prepare. That puts food in the belly at 9pm at the earliest. Plus we have been making oppresively hot fires at night and the power has been going in and out. Combination of a hot, dark house and last night i was asleep on the couch before 10pm.

The western region directors will be here today or tomorrow from Peace Corps so our offices have been doing things to get ready. For example, my office is writing my Oct. work plan (half way through the month), and jesse's office is in charge of putting our ping and coal together for the winter. The ping saga continues...we have the floor and four sides of the ping but no roof so they got a carpenter to come out and measure last week to build the roof. He was supposed to have it done on Monday this week but he went to the countryside instead so they brought out another guy yesterday and he is supposed to get it done this afternoon. We shall see. It is a really good thing we started the process a month ago or we might freeze to death. Since the PC people are coming however I think they will have it done. Wish i had some power in the situation but alas none is mine.

I was having a conversation with my co-worker the other day and she said that i was really good because I am just like a Mongolian and don't need to plan. Ha! If she only knew. Although training was pretty crappy it did train me to relinquish all thoughts of control. I am able to just roll with whatever is going on and not get uptight about it. My new philosophy is that things will all work out in the end. I don't know how, but they do. Its wierd. Very not like me but when in mongolia...

Ok i think i am done with my ramble. Jesse was saying something yesterday about us taking pictures of our town and offices and such and putting them on the blog so if we are good this weekend next weeks blog may be actually interesting. Here's to hoping....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home