Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Spring (?)

The weather is doing the manic spring thing, which I take as a good sign. Warm one day (it was in the 40s! I only wore one pair of pants and my fleece, it was awesome) then three days of unrelenting wind storm. If it ever rained here I would think that little green things would be poking through the ground, but rain doesn't come till june...so i will have to wait on that.

Since coming back from our Program Design and Management Training things have been pretty slow. Most of Jesse and mines co-workers are in the countryside or in UB. So no new projects to report.

On a positive free time side one of our friends came and stayed with us for the week. We had fun. It was a business trip for her so she was occupied durring the day and then we had fun in the evening. Our site mates and us went into a food frenzy and so we have been eating a ton of food all week. Our guest went away a little fatter and a little happier. She even got along with Byamba.

Not a lot on the horizon, I think I am getting sick, again but just mild. Jesse is sort of looking forward to his birthday. He doesn't really want to do anything but we have cake and some presents for him to open. 25 on the 25th. Whoo!

Jesse at present is working on his personal statement for med school admissions. So he is grumpy a lot. He is on his second version and feels a little better about it so 15 more versions and it should be really good.

Well, I guess that is all for now. I am super sleepy so if nothing makes sense then read next weeks post and maybe it will be better.

* In mongolia when the seasons turn they ask "Are you Springing well?"

So I hope you all are springing well. Cheers.

1 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Elijah James said...

I just got done with piggy-backing friends, Hope was here during finals week, and then Nat just left. It was fun.

And now I'm listening to so much new music. I just got done with Ali Farka Toure, Africa's greatest folk musician, and am listening to John Lennon acoustic demos, and I just picked up a Hank Williams tribute.

It's cold here, like in the 50s, this sucks. I think I found a new place to live.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home