Wednesday, October 26, 2005

This one is for Matthew

I just want it to be know that if we were keeping score, matthew would win the number one fan award since his posts outnumber everyone elses. If we were keeping score. I have dedicated this post to matthew in honor of his number one fan-ness.

So we are fully in the Mongolia Mono. Get home and do....NOTHING. But we have been busy again at work so at least there is that. I am organizing a Coats for the Community drive and have been busy promoting that program. It starts the first of Nov. I hope it works out. Plenty of people need warm things but it is a little unprecidented to give clothes away here. No one told me that till after, so we shall see how it goes.

Jesse and I are teaming up on two projects. One is helping local NGOs write grants. Most international grants are supposed to be in english. so we are helping with the proof reading and organizing the proposals. We have been promoting that too. Our first meeting is next week. People seem pretty excited and it is good because we are improving the stability of services and also get to find out what people are doing, and get to meet all the movers and shakers in our community.

The second project is working with kindergarden parents. It is a monthly thing for me and jesse is collaborating with me for the next three months. Last month we did teeth brushing and hand washing. We were on TV and interviewed on the radio. Hopefully next month we can get more parents out for it. We are doing healthy foods for the body. I have some fun games and jesse has some good information. I am writing a tiny cookbook in mongolian for the parents with healthy alternatives to sugar and fat. Two staples of their diet. Me lecturing on sugar and fat! HA!

Jesse has been hard at work on his team building workshop and has just drafted the objectives, outcomes, activities. So that makes him feel good. It is going to be a great training.

Other than that we have been obsessed with byamba who is getting very big now, avoiding chores, and reading books, and building fires like its our job. Only now I am all out of books so I must find something else to do. I have started a new hobby of crocheting and have mastered the basic knot. i think I am going to make a scarf and donate it to my coats for the community program. At least that way I will have one donation.

Ok, I must give up the computer. Hope all is well. I will leave you with a quote John had on his last email and cracked me up...."sometimes a cowboy is just a man dressed up in a cowboy suit."
Its a think piece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home