Saturday, October 21, 2006

America Bound

Are you Falling well? Are your animals fat? Are you cold?

Ok so we are super excited now. We have put all our projects to rest for the next month-ish, have gone to our four going away parties, cleaned our ger, put items-not-to-be-frozen at our friends, endured the freezing bus ride with a crazy crying mongolian man and dead sheep thawing all over the seat, and are now in UB waiting the departure of our plane. T minus 24 hours.

We have a 14 hour layover in Seoul and i brought a couple of books, my crotcheting hooks and yarn, the computer with movies, and cards. I think i will make it but it is hard to be sure. I will probably need a magazine or two to come out the other end sane.

The move went well and our new hashaa family has been really nice. Everything looks the same on the inside of the ger but when you open the door it is a totally different yard. Took some getting used to, its pretty trippy. Plus the sounds you hear are all in different spots now. We are closer to the market and things, further from my office and the shower hosue, and closer to jesse's work. I took a ton of pictures and *gasp* we FINALLY got the second pict CD burned so it has a little bit of everything from the last year including the move. We will get on the distributing of it all once we reach the states.

Jesse did get another interview offer, this time to Maryland so that makes 6. 6 seems like a reasonable number and we are looking forward to everyone coming to where we live (wherever that may be). Matthew, lady, and others are welcome! : ) Jesse and i both showered but are afraid the sheep smell might be harder than that to shake so i am guessing people are going to want to leave us alone until we shower some more and wash some clothes and THEN all are welcome.

Look out america the Loars are on the move.

1 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Sierra!!!!! I've found you!!! It's Lindsay Graff---Oh my gosh, how long has it been? I'm emailing your gmail account as well...I have been thinking about you lately and couldn't figure out where to find you so I finally Googled you and I found your Student Site through PCMI---What you're doing is amazing...And congratulations on your marriage and happy belated Birthday! We definately need to catch up, although not sure how easy that will be seeing as you're not in this country!! I sure do miss you though!! I'll email your gmail account and hopefully we can connect!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home